Thursday, October 6, 2016

Around the time I created this blog, one of the visiting faculty from the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts suggested that people were really not interested in another blog site about writers and writing and the usual lessons that go with them. I took the lesson to heart, and as I only had one follower (Thanks, Joy) I didn't feel I had that much to lose by not contributing to what was amounting to be a journal, therapeutic or not. Perhaps it was the illness that played a role in my decision. E Coli can do that to a person. Four years later (Jan 2015) pneumonia laid me out for most of the year. I'm in good health now.

What interests me about writing is the minutiae. The small things. The things that make a difference and compel a reader to read on or (hopefully) never forget. Five years ago, I had just begun to explore the world of poetry. I can safely say that there hasn't been one day since where I have not had something to do with poetry, either in the reading, writing, or study of it.

I intend to revitalize this blog as a way to keep my literary talons sharp.


No comments:

Post a Comment