Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fourth Week Report at the Masters

One of the hardest things to do during classes is to let some things go. My office is crowded with mountains of books – but they are organized, I promise. In the last year I’ve purchased over 100 books for the classes alone, not to mention the few that I just can’t seem to keep my paws off of. But it’s now how I want it.

In earlier discussions I have mentioned how frustrating it can be to not be organized but the focus right now is on school. I want to protect my investment in time and money and knowledge by staying on top of things academically. I have yet to do all the things for poetry I’ve wanted to do – and time is fading fast!

Last week there were familial needs and future business needs to attend to. If I hadn’t been on top of things in the past and doing my best to get ahead of the work, then I would have suffered greatly. As it is, I’m where I need to be but will be planning to take advantage of a (hopefully) quiet week coming up.

The take-away: Working harder at the beginning of courses always pays off. I’ve been rewarded with positive responses to the work and I still have a wealth of material to create more work from (especially important for the poetry course), though not as much as I’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment