Friday, September 2, 2011

Accessibility: Having the World at Your Fingertips

Never mind the internet. Running through the web is like having an encyclopedia in your hands. I used to grab one to look up – something – and then I’d get sidetracked by some extremely old photograph of the Barrymore’s or something from the turn of the previous century and get caught up in their stately beauty, long coats. Of course, I’d only recognize one of the Barrymores – John, with those heavy eyes, even when he was young, and remember his role in It’s a Wonderful Life. Then I’d think of Jimmy Stewart. What an interesting fellow he was. A WWII vet and Wonderful Life was his return to the screen after who knows what he saw out there in Europe. and I’ve never been to Europe, though I almost went a few years ago . . .

And so on and so on and so on – And what was it I wanted to look up?

Oh, yeah. Bicycles.

Streamlining one’s agenda can be tough at times. it certainly is for me. And even though I nearly always make my scholastic deadlines – I can have difficulty creating and meeting my own agenda. Why should I? I have met the requirements of agreement – a very sacred thing for me: my word is my bond!

To that end, I intend to streamline my desk a bit. Clean it up and keep my tools accessible. Which they are, but they could be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment